Listed below we have included some, but not all, of the great things to do around the local area.
We've included the time it takes to travel there as an added convenience.
Avondale Sky Winery (17 mins) - You may have seen their wine offered around Nova Scotia. Stop by for a tour of the vineyard, and enjoy a perfectly paired meal at D'vine Morsel. For more information Click Here
Cocoa Pesto (14 mins)- Fresh, Local, Casual meals in the unique and historic Woodshire Inn. For more information Click Here
The Flying Apron (21 mins) - A fantastic restaurant with an ever changing menu, specifically for the desire to DO LOCAL! For more information Click Here
Serenity Acres Farm (5 mins) -Over 200 acres of the most serene trails with small streams, babbling brooks and miniature water falls the rides are tailored to the comfort level each group. Click Here for more information.
Oaklawn Farm Zoo (56 mins) - Offers a traditional family farm-like setting, along with a mix of exotic animal species. Please Click Here for more information.
Burntcoat Head Park (50 mins) - Walk on the ocean floor at this park or watch the 160 billion tons of tidal water come in and out. Be sure to check tide times before heading out. Click Here for more information.
Cape Split Trail (1 hr) - a 16 km (4-5 hour) round trip trail. One of the most popular coastal hikes in the province with a stunning peninsula view. Click Here for more information. Be sure to stop at The Look-off for a breathtaking view of the valley below on your way to the trail.
Kempt Quarry (26 mins) -
Irishman's Road Recreation site (10 mins) - If you brought your bike you're in luck! In addition to our 8 km of trails you can ride there is also a Mountain Bike trails just down the road.
Hobarts Beach / Summerville Beach (23 mins) - Located just down the road from the Flying Apron. This beach is a great spot to check out the mouth of the Avon River
Avondale Wharf & Waterfront Tea Room (20 mins) -
Coyote Hills Golf Course & Driving Range (2 mins) - A 35 par, 9 hole course offering fun & relaxation for all golfers. Located just down the road. For more information please Click Here
OnTree Fun & Adventure Park (20 mins) - Is Canada's largest high ropes challenges course park. With 18 different courses for all skill levels. Please Click Here for more information.
Shubenacadie River Adventure Tours (55 mins) - Up river white water rafting and zip-lining. Experience the awesome force of the highest recorded tide in the world. Please Click Here for more information.
Winery & Vineyards
- Avondale Sky Winery (15 mins)
- Bear River Vineyards (1 hr 45 mins)
- Beavercreek Winery (1 hr 15 mins)
- Benjamin Bridge Vineyards (30 mins)
- Bent Ridge Winery (15 mins)
- Blomidon Estate Winery (45 mins)
- Casa Nova Fine Beverages ( 1 hr 45 mins)
- Gaspereau Vineyards (30 mins)
- Grand Pré Winery (25 mins)
- L'Acadie Vineyards (30 mins)
- Lightfoot & Wolfville Vineyards (25 mins)
- Luckett Vineyards (25 mins)
- Planters Ridge Winery (35 mins)
- Sainte-Famille Wines (20 mins)
Breweries & Distilleries
- Barrelling Tide Distillery (35 mins)
- Bent Nail Brewery (15 mins)
- Coldstream Clear Distillery (55 mins)
- Meander River Farm & Brewery (10 mins)
- School House Brewery (15 mins)
- Still Fired Distilleries (1 hr 32 mins)
- Tangled Garden (25 mins)